Fountains of Saving Knowledge

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Shopping on Friday

Well, went to Superstore, Walmart, Sears and London Drugs.  Met some very nice people and saved a BUNCH of money.  Gave out some coupons and had a good day with the girls shopping.  I found my trick to shopping with them and having little room in the cart for stuff...I take reuseable bags and hang them over the hooks on the back of the cart seat.  This keeps the girls from getting into the stuff and also makes it easier to get it out of the cart when it comes time to pay! Worked like a charm.

The cashier at Superstore was lovely for a first thing in the morning shop.  We had like $200 worth of coupons and only spent $50.  Wonderful savings!  There was another lady there I chatted with who was stocking or price checking or something while I got some dog food.  Hope so picked up a few shopping tips and maybe I will even see her visiting me here. :)

Walmart was a long painful process but everyone was nice and the manager even called corporate to clarify the coupon policy (so glad I was correct about the policy)  Bummed to find out they missed like $17 worth of coupons but I will clear that out next time I am able to go into the store. Got a literal buttload of stuff!

Sears was GREAT.  They were having a super clearance on Easter stuff so I bought a couple of small teddy bears for the girls' stockings at Christmas time and they had a 70% off sale so grabbed the girls and outfit and a few pairs of pants, each of them a hat, me a new card harder for my wallet, some candy and the reason for my visit...two bottles of carpet cleaner...all for UNDER $40!!!!!

London Drugs was shopping as usual.
 (2) bags of diapers
(2) bags of Pullups
(2) ladys body wash
 (5) different men's deodorant
(2) bottles of crest
(4) different men's body wash
(2) bottles of Tums
bottle of foundation for me
(2) lotion
(2) body wash
(3) bottles of shave gel
(2) packages of disposable razors
(1) table and chair set for toddlers----a BUNCH of stuff, maybe more I can't remember.
Met a nice lady who was amazed at my coupons, gave her like $25 worth of Olay coupons, made her day! I hope to see her here one of these days!!!  There was a gnetleman at the checkout who said "You have a lot of coupons, you must save a lot of money"  I told him that after today's(yesterday's) shopping trip I saved over $2,000 this year alone by using them!!! He was visually surprised!

So, after all that shopping I realized that I am running out of room to hold some of the stuff so I gave Grandma a call.  She told me what she could use and as for the rest...we are going to be giving baskets to a Hutterite family that has (2) adults (4) sons and (2) daughters!  When we make up the baskets I will take pictures and post them here to share :)

WHAT A DAY!  It took us (me and the girls) from 8:30am till 2:30pm to finish our shopping!  They were amazingly good considering their ages (2.5 years old and 18 months old)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a awesome day to be sure
    Im following you from the blog hop yesterday Hope you will follow me too you have a great blog !
    thanks Lori
    http://lorialcorn2006.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Several people have recommended your blog and thought you might be able to help. We have a site that caters to moms. It allows them to store digital memories and then release them to their kids in the future. We are still in the “testing” phase and wanted to see if your readers would like to participate and get a complimentary membership.

    We would appreciate if you could do a blog post and/or social media mention, informing them they can visit www.kairoslife.com to register their email address.

    From there we will update them when we are ready to start testing the site. Please let me know if you have any questions.

    Thanks,
    Mark Hollingsworth
    Community Relations Director
    KairosLife.com
    mark@kairoslife.com

    ReplyDelete